Verhuurtbeter.nl preferably makes a home available to people with a guarantor. This guarantee is independent of the deposit.
A guarantor must be resident in the Netherlands and sign a document in which he / she is jointly and severally liable for the obligations "arising from the present lease". Click on the button below for an example of the document to be signed (the deed of guarantee) by the guarantor.
A number of facts at a glance:
- Everyone can be a guarantor. We prefer: father, mother, brother or sister;
- The guarantor remains as long as there are financial obligations from the present agreement;
- It is not possible to cancel a guarantee in the meantime;
- A guarantee costs nothing extra;
- We require income details, proof of identity and a signed guarantee from a guarantor (these must be uploaded into the tenant's personal account).
In principle, a guarantor has nothing to do with us or the owner of the property as long as you pay the rent on time every month. Only when you fall behind with the rent your guarantor will be contacted.
When there is a guarantor, a guarantee certificate is always drawn up and signed. This deed of guarantee or guarantee agreement differs per owner, but the scope is always the same.
What is important to know is that we need certain information from your guarantor and the guarantor's partner. This information is: name, address, date of birth, place of birth, current address, e-mail address and telephone number.
Perhaps even more important is that you know that the guarantor is liable for a maximum amount of € 10,000 (ten thousand euros). And yes, that is quite a lot of money, but as said before: as long as you behave properly, pay your rent on time and use the property for which it is intended, this amount will never be discussed.